Recently I remodeled Blog Nancy. I took off hundreds of blog post on current events. I have been blogging for many years. Tough decision of my first blog post on my remodeled blog website that will cover 3 topics of life, food and travel. Finally, the decision was made that my first blog post would need to be a good strong foundation. Juices and Smoothies is my first food blog post on my remodeled Blog Nancy website. The reason that I decided on Juices and Smoothies is because REGARDLESS who or what we are ….. we all need a good strong healthy foundation.
Many people delay in getting their body the best that it can be. I think the mentality is “um it’s ok my body will be here tomorrow”. However, it is important to take care of our body today. When we make the most of our body, when we take care of our body, we are making our body our tool. I have always given the analogy that our body is like a car. My dad was an auto mechanic. Therefore once again I will use a car analogy to help explain my point. We take care of our vehicle, we wash our vehicle so why not wash our body cleanse our body with juices and smoothies if health permits.
Keep in mind that some people require doctor approval for any type of fasting or fruit juice smoothie cleanse. Reason being is that your medications might not work if you do certain things or might be accelerated if you do certain things. Therefore just to be on the safe side ask your doctor. One important thing to think about is that after the juice cleanse or smoothie cleanse your first meal is important. Once again here is the car analogy, you just washed your car so would you drive through the mud or throw fried chicken pieces at it? Therefore, think about what meal you are going to put into your body after your fast and clean your body. It might not be a wise decision to eat fried chicken and french fries after doing a juice or smoothie cleanse. What is the purpose of doing a juice or smoothie cleanse if you are going to run to the fried foods the day after. Hopefully, you understand my point of view.
Ok, so now that we got that straightened out lets start our juice and smoothie cleanse. You can make all types of juices and smoothies. Let’s start with smoothies, the start is the BASE, the liquid base in the smoothie. The base the liquid could be coconut milk, almond milk, rice milk, coconut water or apple juice. Hey this is America land of the free so if you decide to have tequila as your base ole tacos chorizo and enchiladas yippie for you. The ingredients are the vegetables and fruits. The add ins are the almond butter, chia seeds, honey, hemp seeds (woooo whoo) whey protein power, pea powder. Next comes the decision of what ingredients to make a smoothie out of ? Well, what I do is use www.google.com to find out information about fruits and vegetables. For example I might want to find out the benefits of spinach, or apples so I will key into the google.com search box “what are the benefits of spinach” or “what are the benefits of apples”. I google checked for bananas benefits and found that bananas are high in potassium. Pears reduce the risk of developing hypertension. Spinach is high in Vitamin A. Pineapple is high in Vitamin C. Watermelon replaces electrolytes. Celery is great for helping the skin glow. Beets are great and help heart muscles. Granola added to smoothies adds thickness and texture. Cactus also called nopales are great as an inflammatory and reduce high blood pressure. Sugar cane is “high in calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and manganese. Diseases like cancer cannot survive in an alkaline environment and effective in fighting cancer, especially prostate and breast cancer.
In conclusion despite doctor permission needed for some people we all have the capability to make our body our tool to the best allowed. Once you find the benefits of the fruits and vegetables that are beneficial for you then it’s time smoothie time and juice time. Frozen fruits are great however fresh fruits are my favorite. The Acai is sold in the frozen fruits section. You can combine items or just do one single item smoothie or juice. I sometimes combine carrots and oranges then add a splash of lemon. Their are days when I will just do a smoothie or fruit juice of apples. For the base when I make a smoothie I have used various bases coconut water, rice milk and almond milk. I sometimes add ice cubes especially if I am going out on a hot day. A good idea to share with you is slice your fruit or veggies then put in a freezer bag and freeze overnight that way you will use less ice if any to have a cold smoothie or fruit juice. Don’t forget that the grocery stores have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies in the frozen foods sections. Listed below are some add in items that can be added to your smoothie or fruit juice along with adding to your yogurt or breakfast cereal.
• Used in Rehab Centers. “Bee Pollen eradicates destroys completely, puts an end to addictions that is why Bee Pollen is given 3 times a day at some of the most expensive rehab centers”.
• Bee Pollen is considered a “super food” because contains almost every single nutrient vital to human health including folic acid and B-complex vitamins, protein and amino acids.
• Bee Pollen resurrects a body that is ravaged by health problems and infections of various types.
• Young bees primarily use it as food. This is the main reason they develop and grow so fast in short time periods.
• Bee Pollen is an energy boost, good for the skin, allergies and good for asthma.
• Bee Pollen helps the immunity system because has antibiotic effect on the body and REJECTS any attacking virus or microbe. Antioxidants within it also do their job to protect the cells and maintain order in the organism.
• Bee Pollen restores hormonal balance.
• Bee Pollen has a cardiovascular health benefit also because rutin is an important antioxidant bioflavonoid that makes blood vessels stronger and improves blood circulation .
• Bee Pollen also corrects existing health issues and helps you move on from them.
• Bee Pollen removes excess cholesterol, destroys the smallest blood clots and blockages.
• Bee Pollen helps with better prostate health.
Whey Protein powder
• Whey Protein powder contains an incredible range of essential amino acids, which are absorbed quickly.
• Studies show Whey Protein powder can help you increase strength, gain muscle and loses significant amounts of body fat.
• Whey Protein is good for age related muscle loss.
• Whey Protein has been found to lower blood pressure in people with high blood pressure because of bioactive peptides called lactokinins.
• Whey Protein powder helps type 2 diabetes because increases levels of insulin and the sensitivity to its effects.
• Whey protein helps reduce inflammation because of reduces blood levels of C reactive protein indicating it can help reduce inflammation.
• Help skin complexion.
• Beneficial for digestion and detox.
• Helps prevent constipation.
• Chia Seeds help support the body natural detoxification pathways, repair cells and reduce inflammation.
• Chia Seeds help lower cholesterol.
• Chia Seeds help reduce risk of diabetes because it slows the conversion of carbohydrates to sugar and of sugar to fat during digestion which helps to maintain steady blood sugar levels.
• Chia Seeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids and contain more Omega 3’s than salmon seafood gram for gram.
• Chia Seeds are rich in antioxidants.
• Chia seeds are high in protein and once ounce 28 grams offers 4.4 grams of protein which equals to 10 percent of required body intakes.
• Chia Seeds contain plenty of vitamins and minerals such as niacin and thiamine, B vitamins which are important for turning food eat into energy and keeping the BRAIN and NERVOUS SYSTEM functioning properly.
• Chia seeds come from the Salvia Hispanica plant part of the mint family and native to Mexico and Gautemala.
• Chia Seeds are said to have been an important food to the Aztecs and Mayans.